Changes have been proposed for the LIPD Class License: 2015 to:
- support new technology applications
- bring Australia into line with international arrangements.
The updates cover new arrangements for:
- radiocommunications receivers communicating with satellites in the 915–928 MHz and 2400–2483.5 MHz bands
- frequency-hopping radiocommunications transmitters in the 5925–6425 MHz band
- radio local area network (RLAN) radiocommunications transmitters in the 5150–5250 MHz band.
- introduce a definition of ‘indoor’
- include additional technical limitations on the use of RLAN devices in the 5925–6425 MHz band.
The consultation paper is now closed for comments.