- The procedures for telecom equipment type approval in Botswana are governed by the Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority (BOCRA).
- These guidelines were established for the product must meet to be approved for use in country.
- For the purposes of the Act, equipment is considered type approved if it satisfies the technical specifications published by BOCRA (or an equivalent organization) and has been registered with BOCRA.
- BOCRA will decide on a case-by-case basis whether type approval should be granted and the technical requirements to be applied if an equipment type does not appear in the type of approval database or if there is no applicable technical specification.
- To sell and maintain the radio equipment in Botswana, the manufacturer should have a Dealer License from BOCRA
CPCB has released a notification on the fee structure for the registration of Recycler, Refurbishers & Manufacture and Annual Maintenance Charges for all stakeholders for