- On July 26th, 2023, Singapore IMDA issued a statement announcing the suspension of equipment registration and sales of 3G-only mobile terminals and non-VoLTE capable mobile/smart phones.
- Dealers/equipment providers of cellular mobile terminals are required by the Telecommunications (Dealers) Regulations and IMDA’s Equipment Registration Framework to register such terminals with IMDA before they may be supplied for use in Singapore.
- On July 26, 2023, IMDA, in collaboration with Singtel Mobile Singapore Pte Ltd, StarHub Mobile Pte Ltd, and M1 Limited (collectively the “MNOs”), announced the discontinuation planned of MNOs’ 3G networks and provision of 3G services, effective July 31, 2024.
- With the eventual downfall of 3G networks, IMDA will stop accepting new registrations and renewals of 3G-only mobile terminals and non-VoLTE equipped mobile/smart phones with effect from November 1, 2023.
- The steps outlined above will reduce the number of end users in Singapore who are still using 3G mobile terminals when 3G networks are gradually phased out beginning July 31, 2024, while also avoiding disruption to end users.
CPCB has released a notification on the fee structure for the registration of Recycler, Refurbishers & Manufacture and Annual Maintenance Charges for all stakeholders for