- On September 1, 2023, the Agência Nacional de Telecomunicaçes (ANATEL) in Brazil released Act 13011.
- This new law postponed Act 5159’s implementation date, giving charger manufacturers more time to comply with its criteria.
- Manufacturers were most concerned about the new mechanical testing done to the power connector that connects to the electrical AC mains socket.
- As a result, until April 14th, 2024, charger makers will be allowed to choose whether to approve their charger under Act 3481/2019 (Old Act) or Act 5159/2022 (New Act).
- However, on April 14, 2023, Act N°5159 will become mandatory; in the meanwhile, Act N°3481 will be repealed.
- Act 13011 became effective on September 4, 2023.
Question: If a non-Telecom product you want to sell in India has WiFi 11abgn, BT/BLE, LTE, Satellite “S” band Tx & Rx, 60GHz “V” band