- The MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology) published new ID encoding guidelines for the State Radio Regulatory Commision (SRRC) on August 31, 2023.
- This guideline is the revision of the “Radio Transmission Equipment Type Approval Certificate Format” and the “Radio Transmission Equipment Type Approval Code Coding Rules”.
- This ID will be 12 digits long- AABCCDDDEEEE and will include the following five elements of information: year code, equipment category, territorial code, manufacturer code, and autonomous code for the equipment.
Where, AA representing the year code, B representing the equipment code, CC representing the territory code, DDD representing the enterprise code, and EEEE representing the independent code.
- Existing CMIIT IDs created under the previous approach are unaffected and can be used indefinitely.
- The new regulations will go into effect on December 1, 2023.